Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Baby Weighs Five Pounds!! (Feb. 21)

Well, he did it.  Silas has hit the five pound mark as of last night!  I am so happy!  He is just doing great!  That is the good news.  The bad news is that I am still sick and haven't seen my baby in a week.  It has been very hard being away from him.  I ran a fever over the weekend and felt awful.  I am feeling better now but I still have a cough and a stuffy nose.  This has got to go away soon!  I really think I will be able to go back to the nicu by Thursday, which is a really good thing because the doctors have scheduled Silas' hernia surgery for Thursday.  They will be repairing the hernia that has allowed some of his intestines to go down into his scrotum.  They consider it a minor surgery but I will be very glad when it is all over for my sweet little boy and he can come home.

Please pray that the surgery goes well and that I get better.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment