Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Mommy!

Okay, so today is my 33rd birthday and I had a great day!  And so did Silas.  He is now in a crib!  Woo hoo!  No more isolettes for that little guy.  Also, he kept pulling his nasal cannula out today and the nurse just sort of ignored that fact and he did great without it.  I think the doctor will probably say heck with it very soon.  And, here is the biggest news of all...  I get to give him his first bottle tomorrow!  I am so excited!  They think he is ready so please pray that he does really well with it and can be strong enough to take a bottle at every feeding.  If he gets really good at it, I think he will get to come home before his due date. 

Jason took me out to lunch today at the NMN Club, along with Mom, Grandma Zelda, Carissa, Maleah (she got to leave school on her lunch hour) and my friend she-who-shall-not-be-named-on-the-internet (Oh, all right, it was Melissa!) and her little boy Carson.  We had a great meal and Phil (the owner) even sang happy birthday to me while wearing a sombrero (him, not me) and holding a banner.  Too funny!  Then I had to run to Effingham to buy some blinds for Carissa's new room at Menard's.  I got that done, then somehow ended up in Maurices.  Happy birthday to me, I guess!  I made it back to Flora before it got slick and Mom fixed me a wonderful supper.  Deee-lish!  And then we came home and Maleah and I made/decorated her Valentine's Day mailbox for school.  I am exhausted, so it is off to bed I go.  I can't wait to see and feed Silas tomorrow.  I have missed him so much!

Hoping and praying that the roads are clear in the morning.

Oh and thanks for all of the prayers for Baby Hank.  I have heard that he is doing much better and is home with his Mommy and Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment