Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Night (February 12)

Silas is doing great! He had an awesome weekend.  I gave him his first bottle on Saturday.  He did really great with it.  He was alert and took quite a bit of it before he got too tired.  He took the rest in his feeding tube.  That is completely normal and will continue for a while.  He has to work so hard to eat from a bottle that they don't want him to burn more calories than he is taking in.  So for now it is only one or two bottles a day.  He seemed to really like the milk and was very happy.  On Friday night he weighed 4 pounds, 2 ounces.  On Saturday night he weighed 4 pounds 4 ounces.  And tonight he weighed 4 pounds, 5 ounces.  Yay! 

Grandma Sherrel got to hold him for the first time on Saturday too.  Grandpa Clarence, and Randy and Linda Albert also visited with Silas that day.  We all got to see him in his new cute little crib for the first time.  He turned two months old on Saturday.  I took several pictures but will upload those tomorrow.

We have had a big day and I am tired.  We finished the big room switch here today and Carissa is officially moved into the room down the hall.  Her old room is now vacated for her brother.  She likes her new yellow room a lot.  Jason started painting Silas' room and hopefully it will be ready by the end of the week.  I am ready to have everything prepared for this little boy to come home. 

Our friend Calli watched the girls last night, spent the night with us, and then helped me all day today.  She is the best personal assistant ever!  I would not have gotten near as much accomplished today without her.  Maleah and I had a great idea (completely stolen off of Google though) for her homemade Valentine's for her class.  However, my time was limited because I had housework to do plus purging and reorganizing Carissa's things.  So, I put her in charge of the Valentine's and they turned out great.  She did an awesome job plus helped me with some cleaning.  Thank you Calli!

After we worked all day, we went to my Mom and Dad's for my birthday dinner.  We had steak and baked potatoes, mac and cheese, a great salad, bread, and two kinds of pie for dessert - strawberry or coconut cream.  It was delicious!  Thank you Mom and Dad!

The bad thing about today was that Maleah started not feeling well.  She has a horrible cough!  I am praying that I don't get it.  She ran a little bit of a fever early today too.  I have given her some triaminic and tylenol.  I wish I knew if it was just a cold or what.  It sounds like the kind of cough that will want to stick around for awhile.  If I knew what to give her to make it go away completely, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment