Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday (February 2)

I am so happy February is here! Yay! We made it through December and January. Spring is right around the corner and that means we are getting closer to bringing Silas home. Double yay!

He now weighs 3 pounds, 6.8 ounces. He is really growing now! They have went up on his feedings again too. So that means probably even more weight gain. He is now getting 10 ml/hour continuously through the feeding tube.

I left St. Louis yesterday to come home for a couple of days. I held him for a long time before I left. The physical therapist came in and worked with me on massaging and stretching his little legs. He really liked that. He became super relaxed and fell asleep. Before we did the massage, we got to do some "practice" breastfeeding. I had to pump all of my milk out before we practiced though. Surprisingly, he latched right on and acted like he knew exactly what he was supposed to do. I was super impressed. He was so alert. It was a great bonding experience. I really hope I can breastfeed him eventually.

That's really about it for today. Keep prayin' for him because it is working!! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment