Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday (February 7)


Another great day in the nicu! Things are happening so fast now. First of all, Silas is wearing clothes! The nurse put him in a white hospital-issued shirt earlier today and gave me permission to dress him in something I bought after his bath tonight. So, he had a very nice warm bath tonight, got his hair washed, which made it very fluffy, and then I put a very cute shirt on him. He is not wearing pants for the time being - diaper changes are easier without them. Right now he is all swaddled up in a very tight swaddling blanket (he loves that!) and is sound asleep. He weighed 3 pounds, 13 ounces tonight!!! Can I get a woot-woot? Only three more ounces to go and this boy will hit four pounds. How awesome is that??


I had a great day here with Silas. I held him for a long time this morning and early afternoon. He practiced nursing some more and was very serious about it. He was all business. He knows what he wants. No surprise there really. I mean, look at his sisters, I don't have indecisive kids. I ordered a BLT for lunch from the sandwich counter downstairs that usually has better food than the cafeteria. It wasn't good today. By 3:30 I was starving. So I called Dominos Pizza and had them deliver a pizza to me. The $2.00 delivery charge was well worth it. I didn't want to get out and drive anywhere. The pizza was delicious! Good food makes me much happier. But then I ended up with a headache. I took two tylenol and laid down. I took a two hour nap and woke up feeling so much better! It's funny, you would think my days here in the hospital with Silas would go by slow, but really they go by so fast! They just zoom by and before I know it, it is bedtime. I guess that's just another blessing.
I didn't blog over the weekend but on Saturday Jason and I came to visit with Silas and so did Grandma Debby and Aunt Patty. We all had a good visit. I got to walk down the long hallway to the yellow nicu for the first time. It was very exciting. It took us a few minutes to find Silas' room because the yellow nicu is pretty big. Our new room isn't as big as the last one but the window is nice. Tonight I can see the snow outside. It is very pretty. Grandma Debby got to hold Silas for the first time when she was here. The picture of that is at the top of the page.  Here is one of Jason holding him that day too: 

I also took a very short video of Silas after he got his shirt on tonight.  I ran out of space on my sd card though and it stopped.  But here is what I have:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I'm so excited to see him getting so BIG!! You can really tell from the pictures how he has grown. It is so amazing the power a little one can have! Way to go Silas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Awesome news on his weight gain. Love seeing your pictures/videos!

    ReplyDelete