Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday (February 13)

Here is another video of Silas.  This was tonight right after his bath.  He looked so cute and he was so alert.  His hair was fluffy because I just washed it.  His little preemie outfit looked so tiny until I put it on him and then it looked huge!  It was too big but that's okay.  He is doing great.  He weighs four pounds, 7 ounces now. 

I breastfed him today for the first time.  He has "nuzzled" at my breast before but during those times they always made me pump all the milk out first  But this time I actually got to feed him.  He is a professional.  Neither of the girls ever had a latch like his.  He ate quite a bit and did great. 

I have a lot of pictures to post tonight.  Here is one of Grandma Sherrel holding him for the first time on Saturday.


Here are some pictures of Silas on Saturday with his first bottle.  The nurse got him started and showed me what to do (not the same as feeding a full-term baby) and then passed him off to me.




Saturday was also Silas' two month birthday!  Here he is sporting his "two month" shirt...





Here are some more pictures from today  These two are from right after his bath.  I swaddled him up and tucked him into bed.  In the first pic he is getting very sleepy.  Two seconds later I snapped the second pic and he was asleep. 



 
Yesterday we got a lot of work done at home.  We finally got Carissa completely moved in to her new room down the hall.  And it looks fabulous, I must say.  I forgot to take a picture of it though.  But I did take a couple of pictures of Jason and the girls starting to paint Silas' new room.  We were experimenting with shades of green.  (Don't worry the dark green in the corner is not staying.)






Also, tomorrow is Valentine's Day and this year would have been my cousin Bryce's 17th birthday.  Happy heavenly birthday Bryce.  We love and miss you.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so much like Olivia did when she was born! Wow, look at how she's grown:) Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Beth. He's getting so big. I LOVED all the pics. So glad that his nursing went well today. Sending all my love to you and Silas! C

    ReplyDelete