Thursday, February 9, 2012

If You're Happy and You Know It, Yell "He's Four Pounds!!"

That's right, our little man, Mr. Silas Cooper, is now 4 pounds, 1.3 ounces!!!  Happy birthday to me from Silas!!  What a great present!  He is growing like a weed now. 

The doctors made a few minor changes today:  Remember the tiny puff of air that I said he was now getting, well they cut that amount in half.  So now that tiny puff every so often in his nose is now a teeny-tiny puff of air.  (It is a scientific fact that teeny-tiny is much smaller than just plain tiny.)  It is the lowest setting there is before he does not have a cannula at all.  I think by Saturday it will be gone completely!!

They also went up on the amount of food he is getting every two hours through the feeding tube.  The doctor thought that in the next day or two they will go to every three hours through the tube.  When Silas' belly gets used to that schedule and he proves he can digest that much, then they will be bottlefeeding him.  When he masters that he can come home.  I have been told that this can take awhile - weeks in fact.  So I am still not getting my hopes up for him to come home before his due date (March 22) but it would be really great if he does.  In the meantime, we are trying to get his room done.  We didn't have it ready before I had him because we thought we had months to prepare it and we were busy getting ready for Christmas, etc, etc.  Before we can even start on his room though, we have to move Carissa out of it and that is what we have been working on this week.  She is moving down the hall to a bigger room across from her sister's room.  Jason painted her new room yellow this week and she is very excited about moving into it.  We just need more hours in the day to get everything done.  Oh well.  It will be done in time. 

Tonight Carissa told me this:  "Mommy, I don't think you're old.  Really.  I don't."  Wasn't that sweet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment